ID Card Access
If your Columbia ID is lost or stolen, please deactivate it immediately to prevent fraudulent use. In order to deactivate your card, please contact your local Public Safety Operations Center.
- Morningside, please contact (212) 854-2797.
- Manhattanville, please contact (212) 853-2373.
- Medical Center, please contact (212) 305-0238.
If your card is subsequently located, you will be able to reactivate it in person by visiting the Operations Center at any time. If you require a new card, please visit the Registrar's Office in Kent Hall on the Morningside Campus or the Public Safety Office at the Medical Center.
Building Access: All Campuses
The University ID Card facilitates authorized access to secured University locations, to include all academic buildings, the gym, libraries, and residence halls where applicable. The CUID card also enables students to take advantage of available discount programs.
- For issues related to access to Columbia University academic buildings, including those at the Morningside, Manhattanville and Medical Center campuses, please fill out one of the appropriate forms.
- For issues related to access to the University Undergraduate Residence Halls, please contact the Harley Hospitality Desk at Hartley Hall or call 212-854-2779.
- For issues related to access to the Dodge Physical Fitness Center, please call 212-854-2548.
For additional information, please call 212-854-8500 or visit the Public Safety ID Office located in Room 111A Low Library.