Building Access

Access and hours to Columbia’s buildings and facilities may vary by building and by campus. Review the general information below and contact Public Safety with any additional questions. 

  • University ID Card (CUID): 
    The CUID facilitates authorized access to secured University locations including all academic buildings, the gym, libraries, and residence halls where applicable. For issues related to access to University Facilities, visit this page.  
  • Guest Access for Undergraduate Housing: 
    All visitors must be sponsored by a residential student and register through a visitor management system at the respective residence hall security desk. Overnight visitors must obtain guest passes at the Hartley Hall Hospitality Desk. View current guest and visitor policies
  • Maps and Building Schedules: 
    Whether you are planning a visit to Columbia or are already living at Columbia, you may need information to help navigate our campuses. Access helpful maps and building hours concerning the Morningside, Manhattanville, and Medical Center Campuses.
  • Lerner Hall Access Forms: 
    Lerner Hall provides space and resources designed to bring the University community together and serves as an anchor for campus business and activities of all types for the Columbia Community. You must be a student, faculty, or staff to access the building. Below are forms you may use for your operational needs in Lerner Hall: