The Department of Public Safety has Emergency Response Protocols to provide members of the Columbia Community with important information on what to do in the event of a broad range of emergencies that may occur on campus.
Please take the time to review the information by accessing these protocols through the following links:
- Emergency Response Protocols - Morningside Campus
- Emergency Response Protocols - Medical Center Campus
- Emergency Response Protocols - Manhattanville Campus
- Emergency Response Protocols - Lamont-Doherty Campus
For more information about what to do during different kinds of campus emergencies, visit the Preparedness website.
Active Shooter Incident
- Active Shooter Guidelines
- Active Shooter Poster
- Active Shooter Booklet
- Active Shooter Pocket Card
- NYPD Active Shooter Recommendations Book
Below is a video produced by the City of Houston Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security that provides valuable advice on safety measures you can take should you find yourself in the midst of an active shooter situation. The material is presented in a succinct, realistic manner and can be summarized by three simple words to remember: Run. Hide. Fight. Be advised that the video contains graphic images.
Additionally, this video by the New York City Police Department promotes Active Shooter Awareness: